What is the LIEBSTER Award?
The Liebster award is an award given from one new blogger to another. It is presented to new bloggers who have been around for less than two years and have less than 1,000 followers. How it works is, a blogger who has been nominated receives the opportunity to be recognized by other bloggers and can also nominate bloggers of their own choice. It’s a fun way to support each other in the online blogging realm and be given the chance to be recognized by other bloggers and readers.
I was extremely excited and honoured to have received a nomination from fellow mom blogger, Julie McCook at The Journey of Imperfection. She is also on Instagram as Perfectly.Julie. She’s beautiful (and got sass), her family is beautiful and her blog is quite uplifting.
As part of the Liebster Award, Julie has listed the following questions to be answered by her nominees. Here are my answers:
1. Do you have kids (fur babies count)?
Yes. I have been blessed with a wonderful baby girl who is now 8 months old.
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Nowhere specific or perhaps it hasn’t been discovered yet. My husband and I would love to live somewhere tropical, close to Canada , with Canada’s multicultural setting and the kind of benefits and freedom that we have. Maybe it already exists , but we have yet to discover where that is.
3. How did you get into blogging?
I have always blogged especially back in the day. My thoughts are better expressed when written. I was on hiatus for a while until I became pregnant with my little girl. My love for writing has been rekindled. The powerful emotions I experience convince me to write – may it be happiness, excitement, anxiety, anger or fear. The stronger the emotion, the more I’m urged to write.
4. Favorite music artist?
I’m pretty versatile when it comes to music. I like artists from pop like Coldplay to folk pop like James Taylor to EDM like Dashberlin, Tiesto, Calvin Harris and the likes.
5. How would your friends describe you?
I’m a firecracker. And that’s to be left for interpretation. *wink*
6. If you could live in any era, which would you choose?
During the time of Christ. Religion is such a controversial issue that I wish I could have witnessed it (The Bible’s teachings) myself.
7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
I loved Family Matters , Home Improvement and Full House because these were the shows my brothers and I always loved watching together. Fun memories.
8. Do you have any phobias?
I have diagnosed myself as “germaphobic”. I’ve always washed my hands a thousand times a day before my daughter. But now, because of fear that I might contaminate her with germs and get her ill, I wash my hands a million times more. Yup, talk about a paranoid mama.
9. If a movie were made about your life, what would the title be?
The Woman with a Bikini Addiction – it’s both literal and metaphorical.
10. What is your least favorite chore around the house?
Dishes! Because we have to do it so many times a day and there are only two adults in the house. We always wonder how and why we use so many dishes per day. That shall remain a mystery!
11. If you could meet anyone (past or present), who would it be?
My young self. So I could tell her that everything my mom told me about being a mother was true. Her constant worries, her care etc were genuinely for the best of her kids. We all know that today, especially now that I am a mother too. I just wish my younger self could have been more appreciative.
Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees
Thank the blog that nominated you on a post and in your blog.
Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
Notify all nominees via social media.
And my nominees are:
The beautiful Eire Mummy at EireMummy
Miss fashionista mama Karly at Themomtrane
Artsy miss Candice Jones who has so much depth at Writtenbyaworkaholic
The strongest and bravest mama, Emily at Justplayinghouse
The pretty mom Alyssia at Mamabeardaily
and last but not the least, this sexy hot mama Valerie at Momsterblogs
And here are my questions for my awesome nominees
1. Describe yourself in one word.
2. If you could change anything in your past, what would it be?
3. What has been the biggest accomplishment in your life to date?
4. If you won a million dollars today, what would you immediately spend it on?
5. Who’s your best friend? What makes him/ her so?
6. What are the simplest things in life that make you happy?
7. The best place you’ve ever been?
8. What was your fondest childhood memory?
9. A memory you would like to erase?
10. What do you think of social media?
11. Favourite food in the whole world.